Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SANITY

- I am constantly discovering that any sentence that starts with I should is a lie...or in fact any idea I have about anything is nothing short of a lie. Discovering that INSANTIY is fighting with anything and everything in contradiction to what I consider to be SANE. Everything that I think should or should not be happening. The moment I engage with what I consider to be INSANE, I become INSANE. Trying to convince another of my point of view is INSANE; trying to convince the other that I am right and they are wrong is INSANE; trying to adjust another's behaviour to fit with my sense of reality is INSANE; trying to adjust my behaviour to fit with another's sense of SANITY is INSANE. Staying embodied and present with the feeling I have that the other is wrong and I am right, or that I am SANE and the other is not, is an invitation to SANITY - an opportunity to experience myself, to face what I have still not faced; to do the work that I have still not done; to free myself from the seeming tyranny or imposition of the other..... INSANITY means senseless.....when we are disconnected completely from our senses we are INSANE. Feeling what we feel as a sensation not as a thought brings us into direct contact with reality in ourselves... no thing between ourselves and reality. To experience our conflict with the other in oneself...not easy!....but if we do, we empty and the position we have changes and the situation changes.....and we find a moment of peace and stillness within ourselves...a moment of emptiness....a moment to reframe reality....

1 comment: