Tuesday, May 25, 2010

here's to you in gratitude

I am not one of those people who tries to negate the negative by coating it in a layer of gratitude.... I haven't quite resorted to thanking my bed for letting me sleep in it...but I have learned to give the negativity a wide enough frame so that I can see everything else that is going on....There is ample space for it all....and no reason to shut all the good stuff out because you wake up with the feeling of life sitting on your head after ten rounds in the ring...If I don't expand the frame, the whole day is held hostage to my negativity and cynicism. If the frame of awareness is large enough...the negativity is dwarfed by spaciousness, small mercies and Grace. Here's a toast to those elegant proportions of my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment